The 1801 Census
Pr. 15. January 2009 the 1801 census is published in a new edition. The database has been checked and corrected, although a thourough correction for all teh data has not been executed.
The work as done at the National Archives 2007-2008 by Frøydis Bryhn Ross under supervision of Lars Nygaard:
- systematic control of all the farm names
- control of the error messages registered in the proof reading form in the Digital Archives - errors reported after 13.06.2008 has not been checked
- control of error messages reported elsewhere, e-mail etc.
- control of women's last name: systematic computer errors corrected, last names registered in the remark field, moved back to last name field, etc.
- double give names registered with _ are corrected to the original form without _
- control of the sex registration - standardised to M (male) and K (female)
- farm records and person records are added
- the census lists for Kautokeino, Finnmark county has been registered and added
- 46 persons at the farm Winge in Hemne parish are registered and added
- some smaller corrections in single files
The database can be searched in single parishes or as one large database for the entire country.
15. January 2009, the Digital Archives, ASC